Guide to Hunting with the Zetland
- Anyone wishing to subscribe to the Zetland Hunt or Visit for the day please contact the Secretary Louise Todd 07793807984 for more details.
- Changes to times dates and places will generally be communicated by email and text. Please ensure the Secretary has your mobile phone no. and email address.
- Please avoid ringing the Secretary (Louise Todd 07793807984) or the Kennels 01325374330 when the weather is bad until after 8 a.m. or wait for a text. Your co-operation is appreciated.
- Courtesy and good manners are required at all times
- The Mounted Field must follow the Field Master at all times.
- We Trail Hunt entirely due to the goodwill of the people who own and farm the land in the Zetland Country. If any accidental damage is done when crossing the Land it must be reported to a Master, the Secretary or the Fence Mender.
- Please make sure you do not block the roads. Always let the traffic through, the driver may be trying to get to work! Thank drivers for slowing down.
- Please do not open gates adjacent to fences while people are still jumping.
- If your horse refuses at a fence please let other riders through before you make another attempt. If your horse, for whatever reason , continues to refuse at other fences please ride at the back of the field.
- Please arrive at the meet on time and correctly dressed.
- Please do not park in gateways, on mown verges or where you may block traffic.
- Children should be the first to volunteer to open gates, hold a horse etc before an adult dismounts.
- Mounted Followers must be members of the Countryside Alliance.
- Please be thoughtful when you stop or park and turn off engines when hounds are near - exhaust fumes are unhelpful to hounds' noses.
- Please try and avoid blocking the way between the Huntsman , Hounds and the Mounted Field.
Have Fun !!